Sunday 9 March 2008

Crustless Broccoli, Bacon and Goat Cheese Quiche



This was reasonably quick and easy, which I needed after spending longer at Scrabble than I intended. Plus I hadn't eaten much during the day, just some nuts and cheese. So I needed something robust for supper.

This was made with 125 gram bacon strips, which I fried until crisp; about 1 cup of broccoli flowerets, which I steamed in the microwave, and about 60 grams of soft goat's cheese, the kind that comes in a little roll. You can get these cooked while you heat the oven to 180C.

Sprinkle the bacon and broccoli over the base of an ovenproof dish, and spread the goat cheese across the top. I cut the piece into think slices, so they were little round.

Then beat 2 eggs with 300 ml of milk or milk and cream (I added cream, pour it over the bacon, broccoli and cheese, and pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes till it's golden brown. You don't really need to add salt to the quiche custard because the bacon is salty enough.

This served two of us.

No comments: