Tuesday 26 February 2008

Bangers!



These pork bangers are not from the expat shop. I made them myself, with my own two hands. I used this recipe and may I say it was a good one! Yes, there are breadcrumbs in it, but spread across all that meat I doubt it matters much. I made a half recipe, and used about half a cup of breadcrumbs instead of three quarters. Also, next time I may reduce the salt in the seasoning slightly; I found the sausages marginally salty. Luckily, the cabbage was very plain.

The meat I chopped in my food processor. The butcher at In de Bogaard gave me some sausage casing when I went in to find out where to buy some; I filled the casing using a pastry bag and my widest nozzle.

I only made four, because the pastry bag was hard work. Time to look into an electric sausage machine I think, because I could do this more often. There are a whole lot of recipes on that site!

No comments: