Saturday 22 December 2007

Fish Quartet

What did I eat for breakfast and lunch? Who knows, because I have forgotten completely and Paul is no help. Almost certainly an egg for breakfast. Omelette? Scrambled? Did I have fruit? Can't remember.

Lunch, ah yes, I recall eating the leftover roast vegetables with some cheese. I did not have leftover pork, but other than that my recollections are faint.

Supper I cooked up a Fish Gourmet platter. (Gourmeting is a particularly Dutch thing, you get little bits of meat, cook them on a raclette grill then add them to a little pan with sauces and put that UNDER the raclette grill.) I skipped all those steps, and made up the meal using the Amuse dishes from the other evening and cooked them in the oven like the Amuses.

I bought a second Fish Amuse from the Albert Heijn Festive series. Both the Gourmet Platter and the Amuses had prawns, salmon and white fish, so I hauled out my new dishes from the other night, cooked some broccoli, beans, red pepper and courgette to match the amuse, and made up a second set. I also added bits of extra fish and veg to the original amuses to make them more substantial.

You can do these in any ovenproof dish. Use any vegetables you like as a base, add fish on top, cover with a bit of sauce (real mayonnaise will do fine!) and some shavings of parmesan, and pop them in a warmed 180C oven for about 8 minutes.

Voila!

No comments: