Friday 28 December 2007

Leftover Turkey and Sauerkraut

A bit of fun with breakfast. I scooped the insides out of two tomatoes and filled them with scrambled egg. They don't take a lot of egg though, I need bigger tomatoes, so i served the rest on the side with some bacon.

I was still hungry so I finished off the half orange left over from last night's butternut salad with some yoghurt and nuts.

Lunchtime, I mixed the scooped out tomato with the last of the vegetable soup and warmed that through, and ate it with some yoghurt as garnish. I had another courgette carpaccio. Then I had two handfuls of nuts and some cheese. I couldn't face anything heavier.

I was unmotivated for dinner. The vegetable pack was full of cabbage: red cabbage, chinese cabbage, sauerkraut. Oh wow.

I had it mind to do a nice turkey sauerkraut thing, but didn't have the energy nor the appetite to be honest. So we had the turkey thighs, some sauerkraut and some sliced carrot for a bit of colour. There were beetroots in the bag, which would have been better for colour and would have suited the sauerkraut better, but they are verboten. I might give them to my neighbour.

No comments: