Tuesday 4 December 2007

Stir fry, and pears.

One of the recommended breakfast options was a 2-egg omelette with ham and fried tomatoes.

Easy peasy, though I didn't have tomatoes. We had the Ham omelette with a small salad instead. I have a lot of lettuce to eat my way through.

Lunch. Same story as before.
Guidelines recommend
* a large portion of pureed vegetable soup
* salad with oil and vinegar dressing
* 50-100 grams of meat, fish, chicken, egg, cheese or nuts
* about 150 grams of fresh fruit

Well I had some leftover broccoli/blue cheese soup.
I found an old orange in the fridge, so I peeled that and had it with yogurt and nuts. (one of the breakfast options is yogurt with All Bran, or Quark and fresh fruit. So yogurt and fresh fruit seemed like a good option.)


There was some leftover beef stew in the fridge, about half a cup or so, so I had that with my tablets. It was time, however, to go shopping for some fruit.

Tuesday night I stir-fried the remainder of the Hollandse Roerbak with some spiced pork shawarma strips (I know, I know, but that's what they call them!). It was as boring as it sounded.
Fruit wise, I took a pear, cut it in half, cut each half into fans and dressed it with the last of the blue cheese, some walnuts, and a lovely dressing made with balsamic creme, port, chicken stock and olive oil.

No photos yet.

No comments: