Monday 10 December 2007

December 10: Cooking Club!

One week after seeing the dietician, my weight is down another 1/2 kilogram. Not as dramatic as the first week, regretfully, but the trend is still down. It looks promising.

What did I have for lunch? I have no idea that I even had any. Possible a courgette carpaccio at around 3?

The Cooking Club menu was a Christmas menu, and most of it was fine.
The sorbet of course is pure sugar, and the dessert was a lemon tart in a crust. I did have a bit of each, I reckoned the rest of the menu would balance it out.

Which was:

An oyster amuse served in the shell, on a bed of seaweed.
Leek cream with mock caviar.
Pheasant soup
Turbot stuffed with langoustine
Sorbet with fig
Venison cutlets with a potato/mushroom gratin and glazed vegetables
Lemon tart

I was assigned to cook the venison cutlets, which were crumbed with nuts, then pan fried and roasted.

No photos!

No comments: